Saturday, December 1, 2007

Lame, who?... Me or the excuses?

It has been long I have not posted anything here. There are many reasons for that. In fact excuses. Or to be very precise lame excuses. I don’t know why, but they always come in the way between me and my interests, thereby killing them completely. I don’t have enough money and time to sue them. Other wise I would have put them behind the bars for mass slaughter. Although it might prove to be near suicidal for me, because I would have become a handicap without their support. But a brave man that I am, I would have still done that for the larger interests of me and myself.

I agree that these excuses always come to my rescue whenever I fall in the trap. They save me from the curses whenever I keep someone waiting for hours. They guard me from embarrassment every time I forget to wish my friends on their birthday. They are the saviour whenever I have to bunk office. What’s more, they have been with me since my childhood days. Just like a true friend who always comes to your help in your need. How can I forget those days when I have to cling to them for help whenever I reached school without completing my homework. I still feel nostalgic while recollecting those great escapes, after a bad class test or term exam. “The teacher is very miser in marking.” – I would say to my maa with an innocent look, “Other wise, believe me, no body could have stopped me from scoring 90%.” But when it comes to my interests, I must confess, they have been a deterrent for me. I would have been a better person minus all those lame excuses saving me by fighting my case, albeit illogically. I can never forgive myself for missing all those opportunities which I ignored. Who knows, I would have been a more successful man today if I refrained from giving excuses in favour of not availing those opportunities. But now I realise, it’s high time I defeat them and grow into a more disciplined person. I really need to turn the tide to my favour and make good fortune out of it. The fight is on, let’s see who wins.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, well... I could see this post coming. Right when you lamely excused "The rest is divine. Hard to describe in words. All to experience and cherish." in the last post, instead of describing you "cloud nine" experience!! Anyway, like Penguin said, 'Flawless crime is an art', keep up making artistic lame excuses.